Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Unbelievable

I never thought I would see the day that my husband would be considering selling his race car stuff. He has been racing since he was 16 years old. He just decided a few days ago that he wants to sell a bunch of his race equipment and buy a boat. I actually thought he was joking at first but he has been looking diligently over the last couple of days. I'm sure he won't sell everything but I am still in shock that he would sell any of it without replacing it with newer race equipment. That is what I'm more used to. I still feel a little bit like "I'll believe it when I see it" but it's not because I don't believe him it's just that it was a huge step for him to take. I think some of this is coming from the fact that we are getting closer and closer to having a family of our own also. Children can really change your priorities. Boating will be something we can all do as a family and it will be nice with friends and their children as well. We could go to the track as a family also but it's much harder to really enjoy quality time together because the guys are always working on the cars or running around the track. This is going to be a real change. I can't wait to catch some rays and maybe try some of the fun things we did when we were younger. Something tells me it won't come as easy as it once did though.

Carol, grab a life vest because we're going to get you out there also.

1 comment:

Nicole Wise said...

Wow Tina, what a big deal!
We are thinking about more family centered outdoor fun as well. I think we will start camping soon. Look forward to hearing how Cory's ideas play out. Talk with you soon!