




Man, it's been a while since I've posted anything. We've just been busy since we got back.
Memorial weekend was fun. Jack, Carol and Mike joined us at Turkey Run (IN State Park) where we hiked and canoed all day. Mike brought Kya along. Kya is his/our dog. Cory and I joke with Mike all the time by saying that he is really ours. Kya probably had the best time of all. Canoeing wasn't his thing though. He seemed to prefer swimming beside us the whole time. Attached are some pics we took during the day.
I had a fun night out with the girls last weekend. A group of about 16 of us went to see the new Sex in the City movie. We had an awesome time together but there are definitely some scenes I could have lived without. We did laugh a lot though. Most of us went out to dinner after the movie at Bella Vita (my new favorite restaurant). We had just as much fun there as we did at the movie. We all went around the table and said which character we thought we were most like and why. I think I am most like Charlotte with a little bit of Carrie. One of the girls laughed and said I was most like Carrie. Once I said why, she agreed with me however. I am most like Charlotte because I'm always the one embarrassed during intimate conversations and though I hate to admit it I have a naive side but I'm a little like Carrie because, as vein as it sounds, fashion is incredibly important to me and I do like labels. Sorry! I know how bad that sounds. I'm trying to get control of it and I'm not as bad as I was. My priorities are changing now that I want a child so badly.
Cory and I are scheduled to visit Kirsh & Kirsh this coming Tuesday. They are local adoption attorneys. I'm hoping this will be the end of our research phase and we can just move forward. We have been told by many that they are the best when it comes to domestic adoption. It will be interesting to see if they tell us anything different because so far I haven't been so impressed with the domestic programs. I still have a heavy lean toward Ethiopia but Cory really just wanted to cover everything before making any life altering decisions. There is so much to consider. Cory is the more analytical one of the two of us and he is right to be thorough. He will be such a great dad!
Memorial weekend was fun. Jack, Carol and Mike joined us at Turkey Run (IN State Park) where we hiked and canoed all day. Mike brought Kya along. Kya is his/our dog. Cory and I joke with Mike all the time by saying that he is really ours. Kya probably had the best time of all. Canoeing wasn't his thing though. He seemed to prefer swimming beside us the whole time. Attached are some pics we took during the day.
I had a fun night out with the girls last weekend. A group of about 16 of us went to see the new Sex in the City movie. We had an awesome time together but there are definitely some scenes I could have lived without. We did laugh a lot though. Most of us went out to dinner after the movie at Bella Vita (my new favorite restaurant). We had just as much fun there as we did at the movie. We all went around the table and said which character we thought we were most like and why. I think I am most like Charlotte with a little bit of Carrie. One of the girls laughed and said I was most like Carrie. Once I said why, she agreed with me however. I am most like Charlotte because I'm always the one embarrassed during intimate conversations and though I hate to admit it I have a naive side but I'm a little like Carrie because, as vein as it sounds, fashion is incredibly important to me and I do like labels. Sorry! I know how bad that sounds. I'm trying to get control of it and I'm not as bad as I was. My priorities are changing now that I want a child so badly.
Cory and I are scheduled to visit Kirsh & Kirsh this coming Tuesday. They are local adoption attorneys. I'm hoping this will be the end of our research phase and we can just move forward. We have been told by many that they are the best when it comes to domestic adoption. It will be interesting to see if they tell us anything different because so far I haven't been so impressed with the domestic programs. I still have a heavy lean toward Ethiopia but Cory really just wanted to cover everything before making any life altering decisions. There is so much to consider. Cory is the more analytical one of the two of us and he is right to be thorough. He will be such a great dad!

No comments:
Post a Comment