Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Adoption News
Well, Cory and I are on our way to a new chapter in our crazy lives. Fertility treatments have taken a toll on us and I think we are finally ready to do something new. We are thankful that we had the opportunity to try IFV but I think my body has had enough after three rounds and a miscarriage. Fertility treatments have been physically and emotionally draining but I think we needed to experience that to feel confident about this next step. I have always known that adoption was an option that Cory and I would consider even if IFV would have worked. We just needed the time to know we were ready for it. Well, we are ready. Cory and I are actually planning on going to an open meeting for adoption this Thursday night. A friend of mine heard about it and gave me the information today. (Thanks Tammy!!!) We are too late to go to the meeting on domestic adoption because it was tonight from 6:00-8:00 and I had to work until 7:00. Thursday night will be covering international adoptions. This adoption agency specializes in adoptions from Russia, China, Kazakhstan and Guatemala. Guatemala is currently closed because of the Hague Treaty but hopefully that will only be for a few months. I met a women a few days before Christmas that adopted her little girl from Guatemala and she couldn't be happier with her experience. What a Christmas gift she was! She had just picked her up the day before I met her. She was so beautiful and happy. The beautiful thing about Guatemala and why it is so appealing is that they have a foster care system instead of orphanages. Orphanages still exist there but they are not as common as in other countries. They also seem to offer more complete medical records and you are able to adopt infants which is not the norm for international adoption. Please keep us in your prayers. This is a very exciting and scary new adventure. I will try my best to keep you all updated. You never know what will happen. We could adopt right here in Indiana for all we know at this point. Stay tuned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Tina and Cory,
I am excited for you in this new chapter of your life. I pray that God will direct your path and grant you the desire of your heart. I hope you have a wonderful year ahead full of excitement, happiness and love.
Love ya!
Amy
Hey Tina ~
Praying for you as these new doors are opening. My pastor and his wife adopted their daughter from Guatamaula. They knew the day she was born and supported her financially and sent her a few gifts until she was able to become a US citizen. She was ten months old when she moved to the US. She is a beauty!
I can give you their contact info. if at some point you would like to learn more about thier experience.
Thanks for keeping us updated!
Blessings to you!
Holly
Thank you Amy & Holly for your kind and supportive comments.
I would love to hear more about your pastor's experience Holly. The more people Cory and I can talk to the better. We want to learn as much as possible and get started soon.
Love & Prayers,
Tina
Enjoy your meeting tonight. I'm almost giddy, I'm so happy for you guys! What amazing things The Lord has in store for you and Cory. I'll pray that He continues to encourage and strengthen you, as you depend more on Him and allow Him to lead your family through this new exciting time. Sending you hugs, Nik
Post a Comment