Sunday, July 20, 2008

Grandma Ferrari

For those of you that know my Grandmother, you are already aware that she is not doing so well. She was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver a while back and she has been a real trooper during the ups and downs. She has been in and out of the hospital several times with infections and dementia that the condition has caused. During her last trip to the hospital the doctors told her that this would be her last trip because her condition is now at a stage where they can no longer help her. They gave her the option of going into hospice care or going home and having hospice check on her each day. Of course, she chose to go home. I spoke with her over the phone not long ago and she seemed to still be in good spirits but she sounded so tired. We will never be ready to lose her but she says she is ready to go. She is such an amazing person. She has such a sense of humor even during this time. She laughs at herself when she gets confused. We all love her so much! She is a true inspiration for all of us as she endures this time and continues to have such a great attitude. I aspire to be like her. She is one of the strongest people I know.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Hi there

Sorry to hear about your gramma. Are you coming back to Rimersburg anytime soon? Tara is moving to Greensburg next week - I believe on the 30th of this month.

Heather may be in this weekend - one last time before they leave on the 31st.

thinking about you guys

Nicole Wise said...

I'm sorry your grandma isn't doing so great, Tina. She sounds like a sweetie! Talk soon.

Holly said...

hope all is well - I was hoping to see you tonight! sorry we missed each other!

Take care Tina!