Monday, September 22, 2008
First Mowing Experience
I know this will be hard to believe but I mowed the grass for the first time in my life Saturday afternoon. The girls at work are having the time of their lives laughing at me about it. Mike usually mows our lawn but he is going out of town for an extended period of time so I decided I wanted to learn how to do it. Cory just doesn't have the time with the way he works. Now, I have huge blisters on my hands. You should see them. They are unbelievable. I didn't realize I had them until I was finished. I guess I could hire someone else to mow the lawn but I actually didn't mind it other than the blisters. My neighbors probably thought it was the funniest sight. They usually see me all dressed up going out somewhere or dressed for work. Saturday was a no makeup, messy hairdo, old blue jeans and t-shirt day. It was actually very freeing not caring what I looked like for a day. No one can expect that to happen too often though. I just don't have it in me to not care all of the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
ok tina, i have only mowed once in my life and i think i was 12! but, i am no stranger to physical labor in general, i just haven't needed to mow.
i have a feeling you may have more "no makeup, ponytail, jeans and tshirt" days once you become a mom! i've embraced it myself!
hope those blisters heal fast!
Post a Comment