Tuesday, January 12, 2010

State of Your Heart

Below is an outline of the latest message from Grace Community Church. These questions effected me more than I expected so I thought I would share them.


  • To what degree is God at the center of your life?
  1. Am I practicing Attentiveness to God?
  2. Am I getting the Word of God ingrained in me?
  3. Am I removing distractions to attentiveness from my life?
  4. Am I dealing with the fatigue and anxiety that prevent me from being attentive?
  5. Am I working to eliminate spiritual apathy?
  • How much are you reaching out to others with the love of God?
  1. Am I focused on reaching out to others?
  2. Am I fearless in reaching out to others?
  3. Am I compassionate toward others who are in need?
  • How generous are you in your giving and service to God?
  1. Am I excelling in generous giving?
  • How many truly authentic relationships do you have in your life?
  1. Do I talk too much?
  2. Do I patronize others?
  3. Am I patient?
  4. Am I prideful and self-seeking?
  5. Do I keep a record of wrongs?
  6. Do I faithfully stand alongside others?
  7. Do I believe God loves me?
  • Are you changing...maturing...growing?
  1. Is Jesus disrupting my need for power and control?
  2. Is Jesus changing my understanding of God?
  3. Is Jesus changing my reputation?
  4. Is Jesus my Savior?

My next post will be a link to this an other messages if you would like to listen to them. Enjoy!

No comments: