We missed our flight home last night so we just made it back this morning. Horrible traveling experience coming and leaving but our time in between certainly more than made up for it. It was great to see everyone!
I had many messages to check when I got back. I should have checked them while in FL but never dreamt I'd have so many. Sorry for the late responses everyone. I had many messages concerning Haitian orphans coming into Indy. I am overwhelmed that you all thought of us so quickly. You are amazing friends. My heart breaks for these beautiful children. They've lost and endured so much. I enquired about it this morning and I am happy to say that the need is not as acute or imminent as they first thought. Thousands have already responded and it appears as though all the children will be taken care of. Those who are wanting to adopt these children will be placed on the list first. It is a blessing that so many families want these children. In the beginning, Cory and I thought maybe this was an opportunity for us too but by the time I read the emails, I was already receiving emails stating the children have already been placed. I was excited by the thought of becoming a mom so quickly but Ethiopia is where my heart is. Only God knows what is best for our family. I need to just trust in that. We are so far into the process with Ethiopia that it would be difficult to leave it now. If God decides that Haiti is best for us, then doors will open and it will happen. Otherwise, Ethiopia is still our path. God Bless all of these children!
James 1:27 says “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.”

No comments:
Post a Comment