Sunday, October 12, 2008

12th Wedding Anniversary!

It's hard to believe today is our 12th Anniversary. Time flies when you're having fun! We are just as happy today as we were the day of our wedding. Correction... I'd actually have to say we are even happier. 

For those of you that don't already know, Cory and I have actually been together for much longer. We began dating when I was only 15 years old. We've actually known each other our entire lives but it was a church youth retreat to Canada that brought us together. Hah, prior to that, we didn't pay any attention to each other at all. Everything started out so innocently. I had a boyfriend at the time so I tried my hardest not to seem interested. Unfortunately, for that boyfriend, that couldn't last long. Before I knew it, we had our first kiss during a game of truth or dare in the hotel pool where our youth group stayed. I didn't want anyone to see us kiss for the first time so we went under the water. It was quick but very sweet and it certainly left a good lasting impression. Needless to say, we had a memorable time in Canada. 

We had some ups and downs during our young relationship but we always seemed to find our way back to each other. They all turned out to be experiences that we learned from and they made us appreciate each other all the more. We are very lucky! I can't even imagine my life without Cory in it. We were both very sincere when we took our vows. I will love him forever!

No comments: