Monday, August 18, 2008

Emotional Week


Last week was a tough week. My Grandmother passed away on Tuesday. She will be missed by so many. She was an amazing lady! She had a sense of humor up to the end. She wasn't scared and constantly reassured everyone that she was ready to go. Our family was so blessed to have her in our lives. We all love her so much! It is comforting to know that she was ready. I know that she is in heaven with my Dad right now. They are probably singing together and hunting away.  I can just see them now. She was looking forward to seeing him and other loved ones again. 

My precious, Lila, also passed away this weekend. For those of you that don't know, Lila was one of my kitties. She was much more than just a cat though. I've had her for 11 years and my two cats are like my children. I found out that she had cancer the day Grandma passed away and then Cory had to have her put down on the day of Grandma's funeral. Needless to say, between my Grandmother's passing and poor Lila I had a rough week. 

Attached is a picture of me and my grandmother. This was the last opportunity I had to see her before her passing. Doesn't she look great! I am so grateful that she was my grandmother. She is just beautiful inside and out. She probably had no idea how many people she touched in such a positive way.   


 

2 comments:

Nicole Wise said...

oh tina, i'm so sorry. what a beautiful photo and one to be cherished forever. praying for you and your family. sending you big hugs and smiles!

Holly said...

I agree with what Nik said. So sorry for your loss. Praying God gives you strength and encouragement!