Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Vacation Countdown




Our vacation is right around the corner and we are sooo ready for it. We are vacationing in Siesta Key this year. Cory and I leave Indy on May 10th and then Mom, Jen and Maddison will be joining us on the 12th. We haven't vacationed together since the mid 90's. It's going to be so much fun and it will give us all a much needed break. Cory and I decided to just get a beachfront condo this year. I think it will be much nicer than just staying in a hotel, especially with Maddison. I don't think she will care much for eating out every night so the kitchen will be handy.


Allen and Melissa are going to stop by on our first night. It's been a year since we last saw them so it will be fun hanging out for a day or two with them also.


I hope you all are planning fun vacations for the year if you haven't already taken one. Vacations are just what we all need to refresh ourselves a bit. Attached is a picture of the view from our condo. I can't wait to relax out there.

3 comments:

Nicole Wise said...

Oh Tina, enjoy! I'm sure you will all have so much together. What a treat to be able vacation together. We are planning a beach trip later in the summer, just not sure where yet. However, I'm not sure how relaxing it will be for us with a 3 year old. I think it will rather be a matter of being busy and chasing Jude on the beach! Same craziness, different location!!! Not the lounging, reading, napping on the beach we experience in years passed. I look forward to chatting with you soon. Smiles!

Darlene said...

Hey Tina & Cory:

It's Aunt Darlene here. I always read your blog and saw you were going to be here next weekend. I hope we can see you for at least a few hours some day (if you have some free time). I know it is a time of relaxation for you all and
we understand if you are not able to see us. It would be nice to see you. I am so glad your mom, Jen, & Maddison are coming too!!!! I sure pray you all have a Wonderful, relaxing time!!!! Our church is having a kids muscial the
weekend you are leaving it would be nice if you could have been here for it! The theme is racing.
On the Friday night before the musical they will be showing the movie Cars in the field on a big screen tv. We usually have that once a month in the winter months. Now that summer is coming it will be put on hold. It is so cool. They serve free popcorn. It is free to the community and they have other kinds of food available for purchase & some are free also.
Hey did you ever go to thejoyfm.com and see our pics when we won the girls night out?
It is our Christian radio station down here. Just go to J pics & now it is in the archives since it was a year ago. Go to Chondra Pierce-Manatee and you should see our pics. When you are here you should listen to the morning show, although the whole day is great! Michelle Tellone is the one the was the radio host that took us to the girls night out. The whole station is in gear about adoption.
Her husband was adopted and she has 2 adopted children. She is so cool. Well I have been writing this for 2 days so I guess I had better get it sent to you before I fall asleep & you get so bored.

Love you,
Gary, Darlene, Amy, Brian & Bobbie

Holly said...

take me! enjoy your time of rest and relaxing with your family! tell everyone Hi!

and your kitchen photos look amazing! your hard work shows!!

thinking about you all!

blessings to you!