Thursday, April 10, 2008

Finally Connected

What a coincidence! I just heard from Courtney. She is the contact I just spoke about in my last post. She seems like a great person. Courtney and her husband adopted a little boy from Ethiopia. His name is Noah. They brought him home when he was 6 months old. He is now 17 months old. I haven't seen pictures but I'm sure he's adorable. Courtney said that it took around 8 months for them to unite with their son from start to finish. While in Ethiopia they were able to visit the orphanage. She said it was great to see how well they were being cared for by the nannies. It must have been reassuring because it is easy to picture a negative environment. She said it was an amazing experience and that they plan to adopt from Ethiopia again. They used America World Adoption and had a seamless process. They are based out of Virginia but have the ability to work in many states, including Indiana. Courtney and her family don't live far from us so it was really great to be in contact with her. She even gave me a cool Ethiopian restaurant to check out. It will be interesting to experience some of the culture there. I guess it is pretty authentic. I never would have expected Indy to have an Ethiopian restaurant. I can't wait to check it out.

No comments: