Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ethiopian Names

Now that our dossier has been submitted I'm concentrating my time with other things regarding our child/ren. So I've started rethinking names. For years I thought I knew what I would name my children but lately I'm really thinking that I want names that will reflect my child's culture. Below are the names I'm thinking of. Any thoughts?

Original Names: Payton Paige (Girl) and Brody Keith (Boy - Keith was my dad's middle name.)

New Considerations: 1-2 Girl Names and 3-7 Boy Names

1.) Amara - Amharic (Abyssinia) 'paradise' or 'eternally beautiful'
2.) Ayana - Oromia 'beautiful flower'

3.) Aman - Amharic 'peace'
4.) Amare - Amharic 'he looks good'
5.) Aron - Biblical 'Exalted'
6.) Finhas - Biblical 'Ethiopian King' 'an oracle'
7.) Kaleb/Caleb - Amharic/Tigrian Biblical 'the devoted one'

3 comments:

Holly said...

I like them! this is the fun part!

praying for you and Cory and your children tonight.

Christina said...

Thanks Holly!

My favorites are Amara, Amare, and Finhas. I love the nickname Fin! Not sure if Cory will go for it though. We'll see! hehe

Christina said...

Oh, and thank you for the prayers. Can't tell you how much I appreciate them.