Friday, March 28, 2008

Ethiopia

Cory and I have added a new possibility to our adoption plans. Kids First, the adoption agency we have met with a couple of times, just added Ethiopia to their international program. This is a country that Cory and I are strongly considering. We have not ruled out Guatemala or domestic just yet but there are so many things that have touch our hearts with this country. Some of the things I have read have brought me to tears. We have so much to consider. Below are some links if you are interested in checking them out. The first one is actually from a different agency but there are some very moving topics. Many of the children in Ethiopia are orphaned because their parents have died due to aids or starvation. Sadly, children with aids are not available for adoption. I'm not saying that I would be a strong enough person to take that on but I know some families would be and my heart aches for those children. They do not understand why other children are finding homes and they are not. There are many touching stories and photos about Ethiopia. Below are just a couple. Check it out if you have a few minutes.

http://www.carolinahopeadoption.org/blog/archives/category/mission-trips/ethiopia-trip-pics

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=b1ie7&va=ethiopia+adoption&sz=all

No comments: